Skip to Questions

WriteAnswers - FAQs for the RRU Writing Centre

Useful Tip: Please type your keyword

I'm working with a document from a government ministry. How should I cite the ministry in my text?

Last Updated: Apr 18, 2016  |  240 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


According to the American Psychological Association (2010), full official names (not abbreviations) should be used in the references (p. 183). Also, "a parent body precedes a subdivision (e.g., University of Michigan, Department of Psychology)" (p. 183). Remember that the form used for the name of the organization in the reference should be the same as how the author is cited in-text. That is, if the author in the reference is noted as the University of Michigan, Department of Psychology, the in-text citation would appear as (University of Michigan, Department of Psychology, year, p. X). If you are considering abbreviating the name of the author, please consider whether or not the abbreviation will actually help your reader, versus just saving you the effort of writing out the full name every time. Please see "Can I use abbreviations in my text?" for more information. 


American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. 

Answered by Theresa BellBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Improve this answer or post a comment

    More Ways to Contact Us

    Related content from LibGuides

    Give Us Feedback | Partners & Affiliations | Privacy Statement | Academic Regulations & Policies | Computer Services | Mobile Version
    ©1997- Royal Roads University
    2005 Sooke Road, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V9B 5Y2
    Phone: 250-391-2511, Toll-free 1-800-788-8028