Answered By: Theresa Bell Last Updated: Dec 06, 2017 Views: 7517
1. Go to your title page.
2. Choose the Insert menu in Word:
3. In the Insert menu, select Page Number, then Top of Page:
4. Choose Plain Number 3 from the list of options:
The page number should now appear in the right corner of the header.
5. Place the cursor right in front of the page number in your header and type the ALL CAPS text of your running head:
6. Press the Tab key twice to move the text to the left. The page number should remain at the right.
7. While keeping your cursor in the header, click the Design menu tab (this tab may already be selected), and check the box for Different First Page:
You should now see a blank header on your title page. Type your running head with the identifier (e.g., "Running head: ALL CAPS"). That text should only appear on your title page, and all other pages in the text should show only the ALL CAPS text.
Please note that the Writing Centre doesn't provide technical support, so if these instructions don't work for you, please consult your favourite MS Word expert or contact Microsoft.